Sore, fatigued, achy feet and ankles, spider and varicose veins, all are signs of inefficient blood circulation.
Compression stockings apply external pressure on the leg to provide extra support and enhance circulation. Compression stockings help relieve all the symptoms by increasing circulation because of the constraint around the ankle, forcing calf muscles to pump blood more efficiently.
At Sherway Physiotherapy Clinic, we have expert therapists that are well-trained in carrying out the assessment and sizing of your compression stockings.
Why use compression stockings?
- Tired, achy legs-poor blood flow leads to the accumulation of toxins in your legs and feet, which causes discomfort.
- Swollen feet/ankles-inefficient circulation results in blood pooling in legs and feet.
- Varicose veins-veins become enlarged
- Lymphedema-build up of lymph fluids, causing swelling
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)-pooling of blood in the legs can lead to blood clot formation (thrombosis)
- Pregnancy-increased weight in conjunction with certain hormones released during pregnancy can cause soreness in legs.